Interlibrary Loan & Carolina BLU
Log in to request, hold, or recall any article or book including items
Carolina BLU Campus Delivery service during Winter Intersession
Interlibrary Loan service during Winter Intersession
- Normal operations through Friday, December 15.
- Saturday, December 16 - Wednesday, January 3.: Requests for materials from closed campus libraries will be held and filled after Wednesday, January 3.
- Items waiting to be delivered to a closed library can be picked up at Davis Library. Delivery to CB will be limited. See our hours for more detailed information.
- NOTE: All libraries will be closed Friday, December 22 - Wednesday, January 3.
- The Health Sciences Library Interlibrary Loan Office will be closed Friday, 12/22 - Wednesday, 1/3. Please plan ahead to help us meet your information needs.
- Beginning Monday, 12/16, ILL will not be able to request materials mailed from other libraries until January. Requests submitted during this period will be held and sent out in early January.
- ILL will continue to request articles through Thursday, 12/21. Unfilled requests will be resubmitted in January. Requests submitted after 12/21 will be held and sent out in early January.
- If you no longer need an item, please log in to your account, go to your "View/Outstanding Requests" section and cancel the request.
- Additional information for Health Sciences Library Interlibrary Loan
- Article requests from journal titles eligible for rapid access will be processed during Intersession.
- Requests for articles not eligible for rapid access but needed for essential patient care should be sent to the Ask HSL page to ensure they are received and processed. All other requests (e.g. for journals not on the rapid access list and not for clinical care) submitted after 12/21 will be held and sent out in early January.
Rapid access to articles from select journals is now provided
by the University Libraries' Interlibrary Loan service.
More info about these delivery options.
North Carolina residents with a borrower's card or a registered
borrower from another University can place a hold or recall
on an item that is currently checked out or request material
in storage or at the Library Service Center, using our
If you are not registered as a borrower with UNC Libraries
but need to request an item that is currently in storage or at the
Library Service Center, please contact the
Davis Library Circulation Department for assistance.
Interlibrary Loan Policies
Health Sciences Library
Carolina BLU is a service of the
UNC University Libraries and supports the research
and instructional needs of the students, faculty, and staff of the
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.